This is just a quick bio about me, Rob Shackleford.
- Born in Leicester, Leicestershire, England.
- Emigrated to Australia with parents and brother, Neil, as 10 pound poms in the early 1960’s.
- Childhood in working class suburb of Acacia Ridge, Brisbane. Brothers Aaron, Paul, and Philip and sister Kathy were born.
- Attended Watson Road State School and Acacia Ridge State High School. I don’t think the high school exists any more.
- Attended University of Qld and studied Journalism and Ancient History.
- My work experience is varied and has included Customs Officer, SCUBA Instructor, in the media, college teacher and as operated own businesses.
- I have two wonderful kids: Son – Kyle, and Daughter – Bree.
- Finally completed 2 degrees – in Arts and in Business at Central Qld University. Each completed With Distinction.
- Completed first novel “Traveller – Inceptio”, Traveller book 1 – published in 2019 by Austin Macauley.
- The rest of the Traveller Books are ready to go, as are 3 other completed manuscripts, so I have completed 6 novels in all.
- I am also currently finalizing the illustrations on 3 children’s books with my daughter Bree.
Regarding topics of controversy
As an author it is inevitable that we discuss topics that might be seen to be controversial. Here are some points for readers to consider:
- I love history and am happy to have any errors in my historical narrative corrected by specialists in the field. I welcome this and, one day, expect this to happen.
- History regarding the Middle East, especially the land known as Israel, Palestine, Judaea, etc is fraught with divisive politics and emotion because true history is difficult to remove from the religious tales of the Bible and other related works. In my visits there, I have always found the land fascinating, the people colourful and friendly, the real history awesome, the food incredible and the vibe troubling. No, I am not anti-Semitic, anti-Palestinian, or an Arab-Lover. I have made friends in each group and delight in the hospitality and cultures of the region. I hope, one day, to travel safely through the greater Middle-East region, to experience the sights, foods and peoples currently made inaccessible through war and conflict.
- I have a concern with the global culture of endless wars and hope for the day when the 1984 style politics and culture of war is done away with. As quoted by US Marine Major General Smedley D. Butler, War is a racket – driven by greed.
- I am not religious, though I was raised religious. I believe religion has no role in politics.
- I am a greenie, hoping for the technologies and attitude that allows us to make less of a footprint on the globe in which we live, to live harmoniously with each other, the creatures with which we share this glorious planet, and the world as a whole.
- I am looking for an agent and a professional publisher to ensure a more effective marketing effort for my books.
There. Having pretty well offended most, I hope you enjoy my novels. I plan to have another – Quantum Crystal – published in late 2022 and two more in 2023.